Twitter is a great portal to finding up to date information about anything and everything including expert and amateur posts. While I had a twitter and it was for personal use, I am currently using it to find educational resources for integrating technology in the classroom. I am not sure my followers will appreciate the change, but maybe they will learn a thing or two and help advocate for more technology opportunities in the classroom. I am using the List application in twitter to separate my findings. Before I created this list entitled “teched”, I would search and follow people that found interesting and knowledgeable, and they would tweet constantly! While I enjoy reading what they have to say and the articles that are posted, it fills up my scroll and I don’t always have time to read everything as I get it. Creating this list helps me to follow these new friends without them popping up on the recent posts, and I am able to go back and read when I have a free moment. The list also helps to organize my different subjects that I enjoy following, such as technologist, artists, and other groups that provide current information that aid in my teaching. I found two accounts the really interested me. The first was eInstruction (@einstruction). This site tweets about news shared from this organization and other followers and fellow tweeters. I really like that this organization uses published articles, blogs and other resources to find information to share with their followers. The second account that I really enjoy following and reading is Jason P. Heisel’s account (@TheTechSpec). His tweets are more personal then ones found on organizational sites and he also re-tweets and replies to others posts. The Internet and new technology has provided great advancements in viewing and sharing information. I am using twitter to not only follow and learn from organization and other educators, but I am also using the list application to share what I know and am learning to share with my peers as well. When creating this list, I was really focused on looking for teachers and specialists using new technology in their classroom and experts and articles that support technology and our growth in technological use in education for the future. I have attached the link to my twitter list, please feel free to check it out and find new opportunities and ideas to grow through technology in your classroom.
The link to my Twitter List. Happy Tweeting!!!
https://twitter.com/#!/brklynmarie/teched
As an inexperienced Tweeter (is that right?) I had not thought about how followers would respond to such a change in your activity. Also, that is helpful to know that lists allow you to go and read the tweets at your own pace rather than filling your feed with updates.
ReplyDeleteI love the title of your blog, and I look forward to reading what you are learning and experiencing as an art specialist seeking to engage digital natives.